Heliostats are the most efficient and low-cost way to harness solar energy. The uses for heliostats include:
- heating homes, offices, and other buildings – one H1 heliostat can deliver over 1000 watts of heat, with no energy bill.
- providing sunlight to shaded spaces – ‘daylighting’. Rooms in some buildings always face away from the sun. One H1 heliostat delivers over 230,000 lumens of beautiful natural light, free.
- replacing fossil fuel heat in industrial processes – for example, in our solar rotational molding systems, LightManufacturing replaces expensive, polluting gas-fired ovens with an array of silent, clean heliostats. Ask us how free solar thermal energy can transform your industry.
- Keeping trees and plants alive and healthy in atria and courtyards or other shaded areas.
- generating steam / ‘process heat’ for industrial applications
- enhancing oil extraction
- reducing the moisture content of crops – eg drying nuts prior to roasting, drying seafood
- industrial-scale cooking
- sterilization of medical equipment
- melting snow and ice
- electricity generation in ‘power-tower’ applications
…and much more.