If you need extreme thermal performance, consider our new Vacuum Focus Mirror™ option (US Patent 9,575,222).
What is it:
- We replace the standard Aluminum Composite Mirror normally shipped with the H1™ Heliostat with a slightly thicker mirror – 1″ thick, with an air pressure chamber created behind the reflector.
- You can adjust the reflection from a standard square (flat reflection) to a sharp circular focus, with very high energy flux and temperatures.
- Focus is adjusted using inexpensive vacuum pumps (hand-powered or electric).
- The focal distance can be adjusted from @ 6M (20 feet) to 30M (100 feet) or more.
- You can semi-permanently deform the mirror to retain the focal distance you want. Then open the air vent to the atmosphere. Result: your focus remains set, even as atmospheric pressure naturally varies throughout the day.
- Focal spot size: 13 cm (5 inches) at 20 meters (65 feet).
- Available Concentration: 100x
- Heat industrial processes
- Boil Water / Generate Steam
- Cook food
- Melt plastics
- Long focal length allows for targeting distant objects
- Long focal length allows multiple heliostats to hit same target
- Rigid Aluminum Composite Panel reflector does not move / vibrate in wind
- Focus can be adjusted, then kept permanently – no variation from atmospheric pressure changes
- 100 to 1 concentration factor allows for intense energy flux and heat at target
- Small focal size allows targeting of small apertures or other targets