Heliostats are the most efficient and low-cost way to harness solar energy. Heliostats can:
- heat homes, offices, and other buildings – one H1 heliostat can deliver over 2000 watts of heat, with no energy bill.
- provide sunlight to shaded spaces – ‘daylighting’. Rooms in some buildings always face away from the sun. One H1 heliostat delivers over 230,000 lumens of beautiful natural light, free
- replace fossil fuel heat in industrial processes – for example, in our solar rotational molding systems, LightManufacturing replaces expensive, polluting gas-fired ovens with an array of silent, clean heliostats. Ask us how free solar thermal energy can transform your industry.
- make steam / ‘process heat’ for industrial applications
- enhance oil extraction
- reduce the moisture content of crops – eg drying nuts prior to roasting, drying seafood
- industrial-scale cooking
- sterilize medical equipment
- melt snow and ice
- generate electricity in ‘power-tower’ applications
- build solar furnaces / solar ovens
…and much more.